Salad #10: Cauliflower Carrot and Apple Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing
Are you ready for the tenth installment in this Fox Kitchen’s 52 Salad Recipe Series? This Cauliflower Carrot and Apple Salad with Ginger Lime Dressing is #10 and I have to tell you it’s become a favourite in this Fox Kitchen.
It’s a salad that is crunchy with raw veggies, yet light and refreshing. It’s even tastier with roasted pecans but we didn’t discover that until after I took these pictures. I’ve listed the pecans as an optional ingredient but here in this Fox Kitchen, they are mandatory.
One of the things we enjoy most about this salad, is how well it holds up. You can make it hours, or even a day ahead of time. It’s a good one to take along to a potluck, barbecue, or picnic. Just make sure to mix the dressing in right after you add the apples, or they will get mushy and turn a yuckier shade of brown.
The Ginger Lime Dressing is a simple one that we often use here in this Fox Kitchen. In fact, you might remember it from Salad #3: Fennel Mushroom Salad and because the dressing is so well liked here, you can expect it to show up in more salad recipes.
If you’ve got a food processor, use it to grate the cauliflower, carrots and apple. You can grate them by hand, I’ve done it that way too, it just takes a bit more time.
Tell me, what is your favourite salad to take to a potluck, barbecue, or picnic?
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Refined Sugar Free | Real Food | Vegan | Vegetarian | Paleo
- 1/4 Cup lime juice (about 1 lime), fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbsp honey, or sweetener of choice
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Cups cauliflower, finely chopped, or grated
- 2 Cups carrots (about 4), peeled and grated
- 1 - 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated (about 1 Cup)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Handful of pecans, roasted and chopped
- In a small bowl, or jar with a tight filling lid, combine lime juice, honey, ginger and oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine grated cauliflower, carrots, apples and cilantro.
- Add dressing, toss to combine, refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, sprinkle with roasted pecans (if using).
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
This post is linked to the following events:
Melt In Your Mouth Monday | Monday Funday Linky Party | Hearth and Soul Hop | Fat Tuesday | Tuesdays With a Twist | Allergy Free Wednesdays | Waste Not Want Not Wednesday | The Mommy Club | Homestead Blog Hop | Healthy Living Link Party | Full Plate Thursday | Gluten Free Fridays | Weekend Re-Treat Link Party | Let’s Get Real Friday | Awesome Life Friday | Foodie Friends Friday | FoodieFriDIY | Real Food Friday | Super Saturday | Savoring Saturdays | Simply Natural Saturday
Copyright © thisfoxkitchen.com