Recipe: Roasted Vegetables With Rosemary
I just love the sweet flavour that roasting brings out in vegetables and I love fresh herbs. Those two things together, makes this a perfect dish in my books.
Serve these vegetables warm with a side salad and/or with some meat for added protein. A grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast would be outstanding.
Leftover Roasted Vegetables are good cold. Add them to salads, or serve them as a snack, or an appetizer with some Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce.
You can roast just one kind of vegetable, or an assortment as you can see I’ve done here. Almost anything goes. Makes a great throw together dish. Use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand in the vegetable crisper.
It’s important to use only as much oil as you need to lightly coat the vegetables. Too much oil will make the veggies taste oily and somewhat soggy.
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Sugar Free | Real Food | Vegan | Vegetarian | Paleo (option)
- 3 Cups of chopped fresh vegetables, use broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, squash, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, onions or snap peas
- 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed **omit for Paleo
- grapeseed oil, virgin coconut oil, or fat of choice
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary, cleaned and chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Add a tablespoon or two of oil to roasting pan.
- Prep veggies by washing, trimming, slicing and cutting into bite size pieces. Add vegetables and chickpeas to prepared pan. Sprinkle with rosemary, stir until everything is lightly coated with oil.
- Roast veggies for about 30 minutes, stirring and checking for doneness every 10 minutes.
- Add more oil, if necessary. Vegetables are cooked when slightly brown but crisp, yet tender.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nuts, raw or roasted, sliced, slivered or chopped. I like almonds or hazelnuts.
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
This post is linked to the following events:
Gluten Free Wednesdays | Real Food Wednesday | Allergy Free Wednesdays | Healthy 2Day Wednesdays | Waste Not Want Not Wednesday | Wheat Free Wednesday | Full Plate Thursday | Simple Lives Thursday | Pennywise Platter Thursday | Wellness Weekends | Whole Food Fridays | Foodie Friday | Gluten Free Fridays | Foodie Friends Friday | Melt In Your Mouth Monday | Gluten Free Recipe Round Up | Make Your Own! Mondays | Fat Tuesday | Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays | Traditional Tuesdays | Family Table Tuesday
Copyright © thisfoxkitchen.com