Recipe: Roasted Veggies Grape Tomatoes And Garlic :: Easy Like A Sunday Morning
Easy Like a Sunday Morning, that’s how the recipes in my “Easy” category will be. Nothing rushed or frantic, nothing with a long list of ingredients. Something that is so easy, you don’t really need a recipe. Something that almost cooks itself or requires no cooking at all.
This is one of those side dishes that doesn’t really need a recipe. It’s so easy and versatile, all you need is a handful of whatever greens you happen to have on hand, grape tomatoes, garlic and you’re on your way to making a delicious, naturally gluten free veggie dish!
The cooking method could be just as varied as the greens you choose. Here I used broccoli and roasted the veggies on the barbecue but you can roast them in the oven or sauté them in a saucepan, with great results.
This time, we had our Greens and Tomatoes with some Hazelnut Crusted Cedar Plank Halibut, Roasted Red Potatoes and Raw Carrot Sticks. This side dish is also good served with rice and chicken, or on top of gluten free noodles or pasta. To top it off, you can sprinkle it with shredded cheese, and/or almond slivers.
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Sugar Free | Real Food | Vegan | Vegetarian | Paleo
- 2-3 Cups of a fresh green veggie, use broccoli, string beans, asparagus, zucchini, or snap peas
- grapeseed oil, coconut oil, or fat of choice
- 1 pint (about 1 Cup) grape, or small cherry tomatoes
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prep veggies by washing, trimming, slicing and cutting in bite size pieces, or in half if very long.
- Add a tablespoon or two of oil to roasting, or sauté pan. Roast, or sauté the veggies for a few minutes until bright green, but still crisp.
- Add more oil, if necessary, and the garlic and tomatoes. Roast or sauté a few more minutes, until crisp tender.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and toppings, if desired. Serve immediately.
Asiago or Parmesan cheese, grated (use dairy free for vegan)
Nuts, raw or roasted, sliced, slivered or chopped. I like almonds or hazelnuts
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
This recipe featured at:
This post is linked to the following events:
My Meatless Mondays | Make Your Own! Mondays | Melt In Your Mouth Monday | Fat Tuesday | Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays | Gluten Free Wednesdays | Allergy Free Wednesdays | Recipe Box | Hearth and Soul Hop | Full Plate Thursday | This Is Real Thursday | Pennywise Platter Thursday | Gluten Free Fridays | Whole Food Fridays | Foodie Friday
Copyright © thisfoxkitchen.com