Recipe: Piña Colada Dipping Sauce :: MMM (Must-Make-Monday)
I have been a collector of recipes for as long as I can remember but I never manage to find enough time to try all the recipes I collect and that was the reason my MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series was born. The idea was to force myself to choose at least one recipe from my Must-Make-List each week. I would post the results here on my blog. Solid idea, or so I thought, but with my recipe collection growing faster than the speed of light, I could use a month of Mondays and still not get to all the recipes in my collections. That’s the other thing, since I started this series, my collection has become plural. It started with the Must-Make-Page on my blog site but now, I also have a Must-Make Board on Pinterest.
One of the things I like most about my MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series, is that it forces me to follow through and make good use of the recipes in my collections. I cross recipes off my Must-Make-List after I have used them and add them to my Made-This (TAB). You can view archive postings from my MMM (Must-Make-Monday) series, by clicking on my Must-Make-List page and then clicking on the Made-This TAB.
To start things off this week, here are a few recipes, that I’ve come across recently. Categorised but listed in no particular order, these are recipes that I would love to try but haven’t gotten around to yet. They are to become the newest additions to my Must-Make-List.
Important *** I have not tagged these recipe links as Gluten, Grain, Sugar, Dairy, Egg or Nut Free, nor have I labelled them as Vegan or Vegetarian. Please review and confirm the recipe meets your dietary requirements before you begin baking.
- Orange Medallions Coconut Flour Cookies and Pina Colada Medallions Coconut Flour Cookies by Gaps Diet Journey. Gluten Free, Grain Free and Refined Sugar Free, I think I’m going to love these!
- Tahini Cookies by Traditional Foods. It was late one evening when I first saw this recipe, I thought I wouldn’t be able to sleep until after I made some of these babies
- Blood Orange Frozen Yogurt by Kitchen Konfidence. The days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer, I think it’s time to dig out the ice cream maker from the back of my pantry.
- Gluten Free Egg Crepes by Simply Gluten Free. In addition to her wonderful recipes, I love Carol’s helpful cooking tips! Thanks to her, I believe I can get over my silly fear of making Crepes.
- Grain Free Spanish “Rice” (SCD Friendly) by The Tasty Alternative. I’ve heard of cauli-rice but have yet to try it. This recipe where the cauliflower and spices are oven roasted before mashing sounds delicious. Anyone feel like Mexican tonight?
- Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry by Easy Natural Food. I like how Debbie calls this her “stir fry by intuition”. It looks so good, I can hardly wait to haul out my trusty old electric wok, I think I’ve had that thing for at least 25 years, talk about well seasoned
- Shredded Flank Steak ~ Ropa Vieja ~ Coconut Flour Tortillas by Simply Living Healthy. I’m not much for red meats but in this dish, the meat looks so nice and tender. I especially want to try the Tortillas.
- Sunday Night Soup Night hosted by Debbie at Easy Natural Food. A one-stop source for some really great soup recipes.
- Calling All Bagels , hosted by Meals With Morri. In case you missed some of the entries, hop on over to visit Morri. She has the links to all of the participant’s entries in the latest Gluten Free Ratio Rally.
- Go Ahead Honey It’s Gluten Free April Round Up by Z’s Cup Of Tea. Such a fun theme for April. It was food inspired by your favourite children’s book. What children’s book would have inspired you?
- Migraine Prevalence Up in Celiac Disease, IBD Patients. U.S. study finds self-classified gluten-sensitive individuals have increased odds of migraines. Thanks go to Linda of the Gluten Free Homemaker for bringing this article to my attention.
- Click here to see a text listing of my gluten free recipes.
The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step
Now, to give you an idea about what’s been cooking in the Fox Kitchen lately…
Frozen Tahini Banana Cups by The Veggie Nook. I love Tahini and I love bananas, so why not try them together?
Gabby’s recipe is super quick and easy. I think I managed to speed it even more by using the microwave. It only took about a minute before the ingredients were warm enough to blend together.
For the most part, I used the ingredients as listed. I haven’t yet found a stevia I can stomach, so I omitted the stevia and used a tsp of honey.
I ended up with 12 frozen mini-cups of the Tahini Banana treats. Will I make these again? Yes, I believe I will. My seemingly insatiable sweet tooth was surprisingly calm after having just one of these not too overly sweet candy-like treats.
Coconut Bars by Forgiving Martha. With my food processor doing most of the work, these bars were super easy to make.
I did make a couple of substitutions. I used psyllium husks instead of flax meal and I used almond butter instead of peanut butter.
I admit I wasn’t too crazy about my version of these coconut bars while they were still warm from the oven. I thought they tasted “beany” when they were still warm but once they were chilled, they tasted a bit like a vanilla flavoured blonde brownie. That’s when I went crazy for them a couple. These healthy coconut bars have earned a place in our regular recipe rotation.
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Egg Fee | Refined Sugar Free | Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt (I used my own homemade yogurt)
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, with juice
- 2 Tbsp piña colada mix (I used frozen Bacardi concentrate)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor until nice and smooth.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Makes about 2/3 Cup
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Copyright © thisfoxkitchen.com.