Recipe: Chickpea and Grape Tomato Salad :: Easy Like a Sunday Morning
Easy Like a Sunday Morning, that’s how the recipes in my “Easy” category will be. Nothing rushed or frantic, nothing with a long list of ingredients. Something that is so easy, you don’t really need a recipe. Something that almost cooks itself or requires no cooking at all.
With the days getting longer and warmer, I’m noticing more salad recipes cropping up. I don’t know about you, but I sure am craving more raw foods these days.
This simple salad is one that I’ve been making for years, I got the recipe from a Naturopathic Clinic.
Here are some of the things that I love about this salad…
- only five main ingredients
- the ingredients are naturally gluten free
- really quick and easy to put together
- a great combination of flavors and colors
- tastes even better after a bit of refrigeration
- the leftovers (if there are any) taste great a day or two later
- stable with the dressing on, making it a nice choice to pack up for a BBQ, picnic or potluck
Gluten Free | Grain Free | Egg Fee | Refined Sugar Free | Real Food | Vegetarian
- 2 Cups cooked chickpeas, or one 19 ounce can, drained and rinsed
- small container (about 1 pint) grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ Cup cucumber, chopped
- ¼ Cup red onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, grape tomatoes, feta, cucumber and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Best if allowed to refrigerate, for at least an hour before serving.
~ Although feta cheese tastes great in this salad, you could try it with different types of hard cheese.
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Copyright © thisfoxkitchen.com.