Recipe: Grapefruit, Beet, and Feta Cheese Salad – Easy Like a Sunday Morning
Easy Like a Sunday Morning, that’s how the recipes in my “Easy” category will be. Nothing rushed or frantic, nothing with a long list of ingredients. Something that is so easy, you don’t really need a recipe. Something that almost cooks itself or requires no cooking at all.
It wouldn’t feel like Sunday if I didn’t post one of my “Easy” recipes. I was originally planning to post a breakfast recipe today but, well, um, I had a little trouble getting out of bed. I was on a roll last night and ended up staying up late to bake some delicious gluten free bread from a recipe that I can hardly wait to share with you and for the first time ever…I made doughnuts.
- 2 Cups baby greens
- 1 grapefruit, sections
- 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 peeled roasted beets or 1 can whole baby beets, (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roasted and halved, or 12 whole candied pecans (optional)
- 1½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- coarse sea salt to taste
- coarsely ground pepper to taste
- Peel and cut away grapefruit pith with a serrated knife. Cut sections away from membranes. Set aside.
- Cut beets into bite size wedges. Set aside.
- Divide baby greens between 2 salad plates and arrange grapefruit sections and feta cheese (if using) decoratively on top. Arrange beets and nuts (if using) around the edges of the plates.
- In a small bowl toss or shake together the oil and vinegar.
- Drizzle salads with oil and vinegar mixture, season with salt and pepper.
Variations: ***Please keep in mind that making substitutions will change the final outcome.
~ Grapefruit, Beet, and Feta Cheese Salad with added Chicken: Add slices of grilled chicken breast to make a supper salad.
To see a text listing of Laureen’s gluten free recipes, click here
For dairy, egg, nut and gluten free flour substitutions, click here
Copyright © thisfoxkitchen.com