Blogpost: A New Me
No I didn’t get a makeover but my About page did and I decided to share it in a blog post.
I’m an enthusiastic amateur cook and Canadian Food Blogger from Vancouver BC. I believe everything tastes better when made at home with fresh Real Food ingredients.
All of the recipes you will find here on Fox in the Kitchen are gluten free. Some are also Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free and Sugar Free. The recipes fit a variety of diets, including Paleo, Omnivore, Vegetarian and Vegan.
Although these days I prefer to use organic unprocessed foods, I have published recipes that fit with what my family enjoys. Those recipes may call for ingredients like refined sugar **gasp**. One thing I remain true to is that all recipes out of the Fox Kitchen are gluten free.
Though this site is primarily a recipe blog, I also post stories about my family, gluten free travel, product reviews, book reviews and many other things I’m inspired to share with my readers.
51 Random Things About Me
- I am a big fan of the Reality TV Show Survivor
- I was born in the Okanagan Valley (Wine Country). The second largest Canadian wine region.
- Like a true Canadian, I buy my veggies by the pound, not the kilogram and I fill my tank with liters, not gallons.
- I am one of two daughters in a family of six
- I suffer from Empty Nest Syndrome
- I have two cats (see #5)
- My cats are Lilli and Ben (note: names changed to protect their true identities)
- I am an optimist
- I don’t watch the news or read newspapers
- I like the Vancouver Canucks (see #8)
- I depend on word of mouth for big news events (see #9)
- I’m not sure what my favourite colour is…maybe pink or green or blue or yellow or orange…
- My eyes are green
- I’m 5′ 4″ tall
- I was a stay at home mom for the first 10 years
- I have three adult children
- My first child was born with Spina Bifida
- My two grandkids call me Nana
- I worked in Retail for 15 years but I’m not much of a Sales Person
- I took early retirement at age 52
- My last job was as a Technical Support Analyst
- I LOVE picnics!
- My favourite vacation get-away is a tie between Point-no-Point Resort, and The Cabins Terrace Beach (both on Vancouver Island’s Wild West Coast), and Cruising Gluten Free
- I love the Ocean (see #23)
- I’m a Tea Fanatic
- I drink a lot of Tea (see #25)
- I am a new Christian
- I can’t knit but my Dad taught me how to crochet
- I used to do Paper Tole (back in the 80s)
- My parents took in Foster Children. At times there were 13-14 kids living in our house
- Growing up, I lived on a small farm (see #30)
- I was a Vegetarian for 20 years
- I have been Gluten Free since early in 2011
- I started this Fox in the Kitchen blog in the Summer of 2011
- I have seven nieces and two nephews
- I’m left handed
- I look at the keyboard when I type
- I’m a reluctant writer but I love sharing my experiences
- I feel naked without my iPad
- I do most of my online activities on my iPad
- I love cooking but dislike cleaning up after
- I love food
- I like how I feel after working out but seldom ever make it to the gym
- I’ve been married to the same man for 35 years
- I’ve lived in the same house for 23 years
- I don’t like change (see #5 and #44 and #45)
- I am a shy person
- I started pitching in to cook family meals when I was about 11 years old (see #30)
- I drink Tea out of my Bone China Christmas Mug…all-year-round. It makes me smile
- I cannot resist picking up old heavy-duty Vintage Hand Egg Beaters when I find them in Thrift Stores. I now have 3 in my collection and I use them all the time
- I can sometimes be indecisive (see #12 and #43)
Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine
~ excerpt from Puritan prayer titled the Valley of Vision
Copyright © thisfoxkitchen.com